Because this Blog is updated regularly it is a good idea to visit at least once a week so as not to miss anything. If however you are not a regular visitor, please use the archive links, at the bottom of the side bar on the right, to view postings that have moved off the main page. Or type a key word in the search block in the black bar at the top left and click on "SEARCH BLOG" and it will take you to the posting within our Blog. (For instance, type "Jart" and all the post that mention Jart will open) The Label at the bottom of a post can also be used. Click to get all posts with the same label together!
This BLOG is best viewed at a screen resolution of 1024x768. Click here to get instructions on how to adjust your monitor to these settings.



Thursday, March 19, 2009

MGA announcement.

Piet with the 2M Tsotsi and the team that establish a SA Record.

Yesterday the MGA made the following announcement.

Hi everyone,

I am pleased to announce that the following National Records have been ratified by the MGA:

F5 Open (Radio Control Flight): Aeroplane: Electrical Motor Rechargeable Sources: Distance in a straight line: 21 February 2009, Piet Rheeders, 35.1 km (new SA National record)

Congratulations Piet!

Lionel Brink
Chairman: Model Gliding Association

I would like to once again thank my team (Evan, James, Kayleigh and Robyn) that help me establish this record, also my thanks for the efficient way the MGA and in particular Lion Brink dealt with all the paper work that had to be done.

I am planning to do a 100 Km stint shortly and then the world record will be my next goal. But for now I need lots of Lipo cells and that means digging deep down in ones pocket so please do not tell my wife yet.

No comments: