Because this Blog is updated regularly it is a good idea to visit at least once a week so as not to miss anything. If however you are not a regular visitor, please use the archive links, at the bottom of the side bar on the right, to view postings that have moved off the main page. Or type a key word in the search block in the black bar at the top left and click on "SEARCH BLOG" and it will take you to the posting within our Blog. (For instance, type "Jart" and all the post that mention Jart will open) The Label at the bottom of a post can also be used. Click to get all posts with the same label together!
This BLOG is best viewed at a screen resolution of 1024x768. Click here to get instructions on how to adjust your monitor to these settings.



Tuesday, February 17, 2009

BERG BLOG counter hits 45,000 and E-Tsotsi takes to the Sky.

On Sunday my E-Tsotsi had its maiden flight in perfect weather, and as a bonus the flight lasted 45min and I used about half of the 2000mh battery capacity.

I hand launched the E-Tsotsi (just to confirm the glide trim settings and CG) and on the second launch opened the throttle and she just climb up vertically just like Tony’s Tsostsi and within seconds was at twice the normal winch launch height.
At this early stage of the morning (around 9.45 AM ) the lift was only starting to developed and I only got into good lift after the 3rd motor run. Then I settle down in my camping chair and at times had to dive it down as the lift got stronger.

Once the motor was cut it flew and thermal like a normal Tsotsi and the only improvement that I can make now is to move the CG slightly back as for the first flights I prefer a forward CG.

Unfortunately on the second flight I had some RX lock-out trouble (PCM - Positive Crash Mode) and the Tsotsi sustained some minor damage on the fuse and wing. But I have already repaired it and it is once more ready to fly.
As I did this post this morning saw the blog statistic counter roll over to 45,000 hits and once again a big thank you to all our contributors and blog readers.

No comments: