Because this Blog is updated regularly it is a good idea to visit at least once a week so as not to miss anything. If however you are not a regular visitor, please use the archive links, at the bottom of the side bar on the right, to view postings that have moved off the main page. Or type a key word in the search block in the black bar at the top left and click on "SEARCH BLOG" and it will take you to the posting within our Blog. (For instance, type "Jart" and all the post that mention Jart will open) The Label at the bottom of a post can also be used. Click to get all posts with the same label together!
This BLOG is best viewed at a screen resolution of 1024x768. Click here to get instructions on how to adjust your monitor to these settings.



Friday, September 21, 2007

Is it a bird ? Is it a plane? Is it superman?

No its a JART.........

I had my pdf plans printed out full size and being a patient sort of chap decided only to start the next day, here is the build thread thus far.




I marked out a traced template and glued together some scraps of blue foam , I no longer have big pieces so this will have to do.




Using P/U glue from alcolin I glued the pieces after wiping them with a damp cloth, the P/U glue needs moisture to cure, it tends to foam up and this is great as it fills gaps, once dry I roughly cut to shape with a hot wire bow.





AS usual I work on the floor with basic hand tools , the belt sander if used wisely, sorry that should read gently, sands the blue foam quickly, nice to radius edges.





Here I have started hand sanding with a block and trying to reproduce the Jart shape, they weren't kidding with that PNF pointy nose fetish thing, it looks possitively evil.




It does have an appealing jet shape.....
I have shaped the tail fin and attached it, at this time I have decided to layup some thin cloth/epoxy and filler and finish off to a sparkle before pulling off a mould.

How is yours getting along???? Evan , Piet , Robert and many others whose names escape me, right now.

No comments: