Because this Blog is updated regularly it is a good idea to visit at least once a week so as not to miss anything. If however you are not a regular visitor, please use the archive links, at the bottom of the side bar on the right, to view postings that have moved off the main page. Or type a key word in the search block in the black bar at the top left and click on "SEARCH BLOG" and it will take you to the posting within our Blog. (For instance, type "Jart" and all the post that mention Jart will open) The Label at the bottom of a post can also be used. Click to get all posts with the same label together!
This BLOG is best viewed at a screen resolution of 1024x768. Click here to get instructions on how to adjust your monitor to these settings.



Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Guess the PSS Plane Name Game





This is a famous plane and my co-worker , Phillip Otto is working flat out to have it ready next weekend.
Glen, if you can tell me before anyone else dose I buy you a beer at Volkies next weekend.

9 comments:

Mike May said...

Hi Piet,
Can I also win a beer, I would guess with that low cockpit, and big round nose , it would be a racer with a big radial, probably one of the later GEEBEE racers?
Mike

Piet Rheeders said...

Hi Mike,

You have 2 Guesses left. So only the first correct answer will get that cold beer.

Anonymous said...

Okay Piet, my best guess for a beer is a Chance Vought F4U Corsair
How did I do? - Did I win a beer?
Glen

Glen said...

If the Corsair is not the right answer, my next best guess is a Hughes H-1 Racer. How am I doing?

Evan Shaw said...

I recon it's the Corsair.
I need that beer!

Evan

Charl Viviers said...

2006.09.15 16:42:23: Mike Brown in Hawker Sea Fury "September Fury", Race 232, won Unlimited Heat 2A with a speed of 471.566 mph.
http://www.airrace.org/2006ncargallery.php

Mike May said...

Hi Piet,
As it is far from complete and you gave me 3 guesses.
It's a radial for sure, but maybe the cowling and canopy are off.
So it could be Harvard (Texan).
Mike

Piet Rheeders said...

Hi Glen your second guess was right
So the beer goes your way.

Hughes H-1 Racer

Glen said...

Yeah baby, we have a winner. That cold beer is going to taste so sweet, it may even lead to a few more! Thanks Piet.
PS - Hows the Rockwell coming along?